Sunday, January 1, 2012

Artistic Plants and Critters of Cape Breton

Believe it or not, what looks to be the lower twig, connecting the two other twigs in this photo, is actually an animal rather than part of the tree. We watched it move up the branch. I have never seen an animal so perfectly camouflaged to imitate the plant on which it lives.
As readers of my Scottsdale Daily Photo blog know, I like macro photography. So, in Nova Scotia I naturally needed to try some macro shots of subjects there, such as this mushroom.
Our friend's father's lodge has a screen room at a creek, with thistle growing outside.
There is something graceful about the pattern of pine cones resting as they fell.
I don't see many caterpillars in Arizona, so I had to get this photo. For an animal, he was a cooperative, slow-moving subject.

5 comments:

brattcat said...

i particularly like the sunlight through the thistle. happy new year, julie and dave. hope 2012 takes you on more wonderful adventures.

Helma said...

What a beautiful pictures I see here and especially the tracks with that beautiful red color, I find wonderful.

A beautiful and photogenic 2012.

Greetings Helma (from Holland)

glenda said...

Great photos of smaller things that might be missed as we hurry along. Very nice!

Traveling Hawk said...

a nice series of photos from the nature...

Happy New Year!

Britters said...

The "twig" animal is a really awesome image! I love the yellow in the background of the shot!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...