Sunday, April 17, 2011

The Diversity of Iceland

Today we are showing another series from my brother's trip to Iceland. Here is an unusual formation of volcanic stone columns. There is a formation in the Sierra Nevada Mountains of California somewhat similar to this, called Devil's Post Pile.
Here is a free range horse. He looks like he has adapted to the rugged Icelandic weather.
Pristine streams slice through the tundra. The population density of Iceland must be the lowest in Europe. Ironically, Iceland is one of the few countries in Europe that my husband and I have not visited, yet it is the only country in Europe that my brother has visited.
The landscape of Iceland shows the effects of its volcanic activity.
The sweeping expanse of the Icelandic landscape is inspiring and refreshing. It is on Dave's and my list of places to visit. But, no, I don't think we would want to live there.

5 comments:

Traveling Hawk said...

A beautiful country! I love that horse! The post in well written.

glenda said...

Beautiful photos. That fist shot looks like a different planet.

TheChieftess said...

The Devils Postpile is indeed similar...but not quite so dramatic!!!

Unknown said...

The rock formation reminds me of a very similar one in northern Ireland. Beautiful photos.

Anonymous said...

Beautiful photos of a beautiful country.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...